I've seen a lot of Easter pictures on my friends' blogs, but it wasn't until yesterday that I realized I could add some to mine, too. Talk about obvious. And I've been thinking that I have nothing to blog about.
Actually I have thought of a lot of things to blog about, but they are all one-liners that I couldn't develop into an interesting post. Or even a half-interesting post. So I've refrained.
But then I remembered about Easter and the three (yes-three-and that's a record for us!) egg hunts we attended. We took pictures at two of them. So I offer them as my post today.
But I still want to share the one-liners I've been saving. Just remember, they are all random thoughts/updates that have no cohesive relationship. Such is my life....
--We bought a new car. New to us, anyway. Our 97 Geo bit the dust (as confirmed by two separate transmission shops), so we bought a BEAUTIFUL 05 Camry. It's Paul's car, and I couldn't be happier for him. Neither could he.
--I cut my hair. It's only significant to me because I've been waiting over a month for a hair appointment. Judy only works on Saturdays and I've been too busy. I'm glad to finally have something new going on with my hair. I get bored easily.
--Paul's name will be first on the election ballot for city council. They had a "drawing" and he came up first. It made us laugh. Let the "campaigning" begin.
--I've found a great website. It's www.thepioneerwomancooks.com. Her "home" page is pretty funny (very well written), but her cooking page is awesome. We had the Apple Dumplings as a family home evening treat, and my whole family loved them. We substituted Sprite for the Mountain Dew, and it was still great. Click on the link, you'll like it.
--I went to an all-day scrapbooking retreat a few Saturdays ago and had a great time. I mainly went to scrapbook, since I don't get to at home. I'm now caught up to Easter of last year. I know--only one year behind. That might be some kind of record for scrapbookers. I should look into that. Pat myself on the back....
--I started reading a book. Again, only significant to me, but I'm loving it. Some may know that I am not the most literary-minded person. There are not a whole lot of English/Math double majors in the world for a reason. You're usually inclined to one subject or the other. So when I tell you that I have a degree in math, you can assume so much about me, and you'd be right. But I felt a strong impression during Relief Society a few Sundays ago to read The History of Joseph Smith by His Mother. I remember my husband reading it several years ago and loving it. I, too, am loving it. The Smith family has a hilarious past, and the things the prophet's mother chose to put in her "history" are hysterical. I'm only on page 49, but I'm chugging along. So far, I highly recommend it.
Well, that's it, friends. I've spilled all my guts. I've got nothing left. Enjoy my husband's posts until he kindly urges me, or guilts me, into posting again. Love you, honey. :)
10 comments:
You could take a photo of your new hair cut and a photo of Paul's car and post those too.
I think everyone gets blogger's block- I seem to get it when I have the most to post about (like right now). I am glad you have done an update, sometimes that is all you need to get going again.
What color is your car? Is it gray?
I like one liner posts. They allow time to digest them before you get overwhelmed.
I tried to go the thepioneerwomancooks.com and the site was down. {:^(
I got my hair cut too. Recently, at least within the last month. I have a live-in hairdresser. She is wonderful.
Good luck on your political asperations.
I am still working on my "Contimuum Mechanics" book. I get in about 2 pages a day.
Oh, and by the way, nice pictures.
What a nice blog. Happy kids,and Paul has a new car. I am happy for him. What color? And how did the scrap booking event turn out?
Mom B.
Yeah for Brandy! Those are great pictures, friend. :)
And your hair is cute, I keep meaning to tell you! :)
Post a Comment