Saturday, March 8, 2008

Bye, Bye Bekah


Several months ago I received a call from a friend of mine. She's LDS but attends another ward. Her granddaughter is Rebekah's age and the two of them have been friends for several years.

The phone call was an invitation--a very generous invitation. Their family had purchased a spring break family vacation to Walt Disney World and they had room for one more person. They wanted to know if Rebekah could go. I said, "yes."

Today was departure day. Bek wasn't able to sleep for the past two days. She was so excited. This morning her stomach was hurting in anticipation. Because of their frequent-flyer miles, they are all flying first class from Dallas to Orlando. I've never even flown first class!

I'll miss Rebekah this week, but I know she is going to have the time of her life. She'll be back on Friday evening. I hope her 5-minute tutorial on how to operate our small digital camera pays off, and she brings me back some awesome pictures to share. Check back next Saturday.

3 comments:

karin said...

WOW! That is a generous offer and first class that is pretty cool.

mistyp said...

Lucky girl! Can't wait to see the pictures!

Anonymous said...

She was so excited to go, I'm happy she gets to experience it...lucky girl!