Saturday, March 22, 2008

Taking Away the Sting of Death

It is natural this time of year to ponder on the Savior's atonement in our behalf. As Easter has approached this year my thoughts have turned to my sister's oldest son Danny, who died tragically in a car accident when he was seven-years-old.

I made the video within this post shortly after his death as a way to remember him and comfort my grieving sister.

It is interesting to me, as I think about Danny and the loss the family has felt, that Lindsey will have her young son Enzo blessed on Easter Sunday. To me this is a fitting reminder of how the resurrection will bring life anew.

I hope Lindsey knows that having her second-born son blessed on Easter Sunday is clear example of the tender mercies of the Lord in action. I'm glad it worked out this way because it brings me a deeper sense of gratitude for the following scripture:

Mosiah 16:7-8

And if Christ had not risen from the dead, or have broken the bands of death that the grave should have no victory, and that death should have no sting, there could have been no resurrection.

But there is a resurrection, therefore the grave hath no victory, and the sting of death is swallowed up in Christ.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm confident he is an Angle watching over his mother an little brother forever. Nice video Paul

Anonymous said...

THE STING CONTINUES.WATCHING THE VIDEO MADE ME CRY. I SURE MISS DANNY.
IT WAS A VERY NICE BLESSING TODAY.
ENZO WAS DRESSED IN HIS LITTLE WHITE SUIT. AND SUCH A GOOD LITTLE BABE.SMILED AND FOLDED HIS LITTLE HANDS.3 MONTHS OLD AND SO CUTE.

Anonymous said...

Wow...thanks so much for sharing that as it brought back many memories for sure. It was so amazing to have him blessed on this day, to add to it, Danny's 1st bday was on Easter. You're a wonderful brother! I love you!

Anonymous said...

HEy...I think that's pretty funny that as I left my comment mom was doing the same!