Friday, March 14, 2008

It's all Mitt's fault. (or He Scratched His Itch)

I've heard my husband say recently that Mitt Romney running for president has caused him to follow politics more closely than ever.

I'm now of the opinion that he's following politics perhaps a little too closely.

As a reporter, Paul's beat covers most things that have to do with Bell County. Including government. He attends city council meetings, court hearings, and commissioner's courts. The court hearings are not so fun, so I don't think he'll ever want to be a lawyer, but apparently the city council meetings and commissioner's courts are a blast because he now has aspirations. Yes, political aspirations.

He toyed with running for McLennan County commissioner, but truly it's a case of "you have to have money to make money", and without connections, or any previous experience, it was too long of a shot, and not worth the gamble. (A McLennan County commissioner makes about $80,000 a year, so being elected is very hard to do.)

But Lorena city council is a done deal. He submitted his papers and will officially be on the ballot in the May 10 elections. Now the city council doesn't pay as much, okay it's actually a volunteer position, but it'll give him experience and still let him serve. That is important to him. He's been given a lot of opportunities to serve the Lord, but he really hasn't served his country. And now he wants to. But he has to get elected to do so.

So....

If you live in Lorena, please vote for Paul Romer for City Council.
(paid for by the Paul Romer for City Council campaign--but I'm not sure if he approves this message)

3 comments:

Shawnie said...

Now we have another reason to regret moving away from Lorena. If we were still there, I'd vote for Paul.

Jeanette said...

Way to go Paul. I'm proud to know you. You will be a great influence in our county. Every good influence affects us all.

Anonymous said...

Awesome! I wish I was there to vote!