Thursday, March 6, 2008

Her vocabulary is growing.

Rebekah has a pure heart. I think I've mentioned this before. She truly wants to do what is right--spiritually speaking anyway. Sometimes she doesn't want to get along with her brothers, but that's another story.

One of the area's she's committed to is modesty. She's modest in her talk and actions, but I'm talking mostly about her clothing. She tries very hard to make sure everything she wears is "modest." We discuss it often.

So it shouldn't have surprised me last night when Emma ran into the kitchen saying, "Mom, I'm ready for my bath. I'm naked. I'm not very modest."

She was right. Standing completely naked in the kitchen is not very modest. I immediately stopped cleaning the kitchen and ran her a bath.

2 comments:

karin said...

How cute! I don't think boys really think about being modest (we talk about it but I don't think it is as big a deal as it with girls). How great that she understands modesty at such a young age!

Larry said...

First you must recognize that what you do is not what you should do.

Second you should abandon the actions that have been identified.

Third you should confess.

Fourth you should make restitution.

Maybe she got some of these out of order.