My brother Mark ran across an article that suggests beans really are good for your heart. It's titled The Stink in Farts Controls Blood Pressure.
My wife prefers in our family that we call them toots. I wonder if another study could be done. The hypothesis question could be: Does holding gas in for too long damage a persons well being?
I work in a small satellite office with an older gentleman who is hard of hearing. I don't know if he knows that I know that he regulates his blood pressure often. In fact, he is one of the loudest blood pressure regulators I have ever heard!
In case you are wondering about ways you can adjust your blood pressure on a more consistent basis or you wonder if you are normal in how often you flatulate, I include another link that may help unlock a mystery for you. It's called What makes us fart?
If you are too lazy or not computer savvy enough to click on the link, don't worry. I'll share two pearls from the article.
1. It's normal to release up to a half gallon of air from your backside each day -- that amounts to about 15 to 20 outbursts.
2. Oriental people with a traditional diet may fire off their cannons fewer times a day because, according to the article, rice is one of the only foods that doesn't give us gas.
10 comments:
My poor Mom. I can feel her embarrassment as she reads this post.
I can't stop laughing.
This is one of the basest things that I have seen you post. Jeanette says that she is not even going to read it.
From personal experience I can attest that the experts are mistaken about the concept that what you eat has no influence on the generation of internal gases. I know that there are some foods that suppress the tendency to generate gas, and others that have such a high propensity for development of flatulence that one is destined to be propelled to a whole new level of understanding internal combustion.
remember your family used to call them "stinkers" Too funny
I just talked to Keith about stinkers and he cracked up. There were two four letter words that begin with F that were banned from my boyhood home.
Hey Jake,
We actually didn't call all toots stinkers. We reserved that term for flatulance from you and Anthony. :)
IT WOULDN'T HURT TO DROP THE ARTICLES ABOUT GAS AND REMEDY ON SOMEONES DESK.HEY, I happen to know simethicone or GasX works .
What I remember is all you boys in the back yard. Jake too. Laughing and lighting farts on fire.I was amazed at what you could do with that kind of gas. I had you stop so you wouldn't catch something on fire.
Mom.
You're right Tonya!!! I was hoping for Halloween pics of the kids not toots. Paul you're something else. It must be boys???? I'm glad I had girls. L/Faye
I forgot about lite'n them!! Too Funny
Post a Comment