We were gathering for family scripture study tonight when Brandy noticed Isaac's homework on the living room floor next to his four-year-old sister. Brandy asked Isaac to hand it to her. When he did, she held it in the air and it was full of pencil holes.
I know we probably should have been upset at his Swiss cheese homework but Brandy and I instead deployed the strategy of laughing hysterically as we explained that he has some 'splaining to do to his teacher.
It was his responsibility to keep track of his assignment and not leave it on the living room floor.
The discussion was going really well until I told him to tell his teacher that she should have made that assignment on Sunday because it's holey.
Everybody but Isaac, again, burst into laughter. We ended up having family prayer at his bedside because he was pouting so much. I hope when he explains to his teacher what happened to his homework that he remembers his family loves him.
And later on in life, I hope he recycles the old Sunday because it's holey line. I first heard it from a missionary in Grenada, when he struck up a conversation with a young man who was wearing a fashionable pair of pants with holes.
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
Swiss cheese homework
Posted by
Paul
at
9:02 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Little memories like that can last a lifetime, in a good sense. =)
How did the homework ordeal end?
Isaac just slipped his homework in the pile without notifying his teacher about it. We'll see if she broaches the subject.
Post a Comment