Monday, October 13, 2008

Pol nsky Unit

On Wednesday, I will travel more than 175 miles to a place many people think is hell on Earth, the Pol nsky Unit. It's in Livingston, where death row inmates in Texas are housed before a needle is slipped into their arm and their life is terminated.

I will have 45 minutes to interview a person who admits he is a killer. When I consider the family members of the people he killed, I am reminded this not going to be an easy story.

I have a few ideas about what I am going to ask him. Anybody else have any questions for the man?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This will be a great story to read. I enjoy all of your stories on crime and court it is helping me out with my Criminal Justice class. Thanks Paul!! Jodi

Craig said...

I want to know about the choices he made before he became a killer. That kind of evil doesn't happen all at once.

TonyaKuykendall said...

I would ask him if he had any advice to give the readers to help them avoid the same mistakes or routes he chose in life.

It all depends on his attitude. Does he feel remorse for what he did? Is he cocky and just trying to stay in the spotlight, or is he really wanting to get a sincere message out to the masses? What is his purpose of voluntarily being interviewed?

I'm also anxious for you to interview him. I hope that he will be able to feel the spirit you bring with you and that for even a little while he can feel peace and feel repentant.

TonyaKuykendall said...

I know... There is no half-empty.

Jeanette said...

May God go with you on this assignment. I brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it. I pray His blessing upon you for this duty. The poor man. How very said this is for any of God's children. We all have been affected by his actions/reactions.