I really like this picture because it tells an accurate story about my mother and Emma. My mom has been chasing and nurturing toddlers and young children for most of her adult life -- and she's good at it. She still enjoys working in the nursery at church after all those years and all that chasing of children.
Emma is so self assured, she always insists that adults follow her around and do what she wants them to do. If she keeps this up for her entire life, in the future I fear she may be labeled as bossy.
I've always been grateful for my mother, for her unconditional love. As I have gotten older another trait of hers that I enjoy is that she is sometimes gullible. We have some fun conversations on the phone.
Thanks for chasing me around mom and showing me how to take flight in the world. I never could have done it without you.
Saturday, October 25, 2008
My mom is 58 today!
Posted by
Paul
at
11:11 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thank you Paul. You have always been a great kid.Emma is fun to chase around.And she loves going to lunch at that resturant . The one all the senior citizens hang out at.She is called Miss Emma by the waitress there. Hey,she can't help it if they walk slower than her.She is a great leader though.
Love Grand Mom Beverley.
My mom is 80 yesterday!
Post a Comment