Thursday, October 9, 2008

he's famous, too


Locally famous, anyway....

We got a call from a friend yesterday informing us that Paul Ivan had two pictures in the local paper. Not the Waco-Trib, but the Hometown News. We don't get either paper. So I called my mom (who happened to be at Walmart at that very moment) and she picked us up two papers.

Paul Ivan is in two pictures from his cross country meet last Saturday. He is also mentioned in the article about his football team ("Lorena MS vs. Teague Lions").

Also, there is an article about the Lorena Drumline ("Drumlines Put Lorena on the Map"). Rebekah is a member of the middle school drumline. She is not mentioned by name, and is not in any of the pictures, but she's one of the flag girls that competed in the Plano competition.

So that makes three of our four kids being mentioned in the newspaper. Now, how can we get Emma in there....?

3 comments:

TonyaKuykendall said...

Don't worry. I have complete and total faith that Emma is going to find a way to make it into the paper one day.... In a GOOD way of course.

Jeanette said...

Just tell Emma to do it. I am sure it will get done before preschool is out. Go Romer's.

Larry said...

Being noted in the local paper is nice. I wonder if Paul Romer had any influence in this.