Thursday, October 9, 2008

My deep throat

It's not Watergate, but I got a call today from a very mysterious person who claimed to be an intermediary for a person on death row. The person said that the inmate would be willing to do an interview and asked me to consider it.

I checked Texas Department of Criminal Justice policy and it looks like it is something that can be arranged. I'm wondering about the value of doing a story about a man who has already been convicted in a court of law. He had plenty of media coverage then.

The thing that gives me pause and makes me consider it is that this man has recently asked that all appeals on his death sentence be suspended. He wants to die as soon as possible.

There's a story there, for sure. Whether I tell it or not remains to be seen.

2 comments:

TonyaKuykendall said...

That's cool. You should tell the story. Every psychology major in America is screaming for you to get into his head so they'll know what goes on inside the mind of a killer. Every Clarice Starling is chewing on their pencil in anticipation of the release of your story.

CrazyMom said...

You should tell his story.
Robert+kelly=4boys