One of the reporters I work with wrote a great story last week about an 88-year-old Killeen woman who works two jobs and also runs a trailer park. She works at a Killeen school during the day and Jason's Deli at night. It was a really interesting read. I wanted to include a link to the entire article but didn't because of its length. The last four paragraphs are below.
Susan is proud of a note a soldier wrote on the back of a deli napkin and handed to her when he left one night. She has it sealed in plastic.
“I am a soldier,” it reads. “I have put my life on the line for our country and will do it again. Sometimes I wonder why I do it.”
“I saw you today and I remembered why. An old, sweet lady works hard to make life (good) and is free to do so. While all the young guns are walking around talking to each other, you are hard at work. You are an American citizen. I fight for you. Thank you. :)”
“It would be a sad day around here if she ever leaves us,” Hardin said. “We have customers from Temple to Copperas Cove who come in here simply because they know her and really care for her.”
Tuesday, September 25, 2007
An 88-year-old Woman Who is an Inspiration
Posted by
Paul
at
7:53 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment