I'm learning a lot about anatomy. On Sunday night I learned where your gall bladder and pancreas are located. I thought it was my stomach that was hurting. Since the surgery, I'm figuring out the different functions a gall bladder has. You know the old adage: you don't know what you've got until it's gone....
Apparently your gall bladder regulates your mood. It must give you energy. I think it also affects your hearing in some way. Since I've been home, I've been in such a blah mood with no energy to do anything. I don't really have the motivation to do it either. Everything seems louder, too. The kids talk louder. The TV is louder. My tolerance for such noises has definitely gotten lower. I miss my gall bladder. I want it back. I hope my body can compensate for it's functions and I can be my old self again. I bet a nice, big, not-on-my-diet serving of chocolate would help.
Friday, September 14, 2007
Recovery
Posted by
Brandy
at
7:38 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Go for the chocolate! It helps out everytime, for at least a few minutes!!!! ;) Hope things get "back to normal" for you soon. Maybe you'll decide you don't miss your gall bladder after all.
I think it was the quietness of the hospital that makes everything seems louder. Eat the chocolate- I think that when you don't feel well (physically, emotionally) do things that might help you feel better.
Sorry to let you know, but I think you will miss your gallbladder. A few ladies I worked with at the hospital had theirs out and certain foods don't sit well with you but you quickly learn what they are and the feeling that accompanies them.
Brandy - the gall bladder also regulates weight loss and gain. When I had mine out, I lost over 20 pounds. Then after recovery, I've put it back on and then some. I only miss my gb when I have phantom pains right were it used to be! Get ready for that. Aso for the chocolate, be careful and not eat too much fatty foods, cause that may trigger other things that you don't want.
I'm glad you're on the mend. Take it good and slow, don't rush in to it too fast, normal day to day life can wait.
Post a Comment