Thursday, September 13, 2007

Brandy Humbles Me Again


I just want to say that even though I get paid for writing and editing, Brandy's story is more accurate about the events of this week. How could I minimize the excruciating pain she endured and call it a date?

I was reminded of a conversation we had six months after we had been married. I was bragging about how great my proposal for marriage was when she stopped me and told me it was more akin to a business deal where you shake hands afterward. I was stunned, but when she backed it up with some solid reasoning, I quickly saw the error in my thinking. I have never again bragged about that event, only laughed with Brandy at how I missed the mark by such a large margin. What impressed me was that she still said yes to my awkward and poorly planned proposal.

She wasn't mad or angry then, and she wasn't mad or angry this week. I love it that she can overlook my faults and judge me by the intent of my heart.

I just hope she forgives me for sending Isaac on the school bus bare footed yesterday. It shouldn't happen again because she's back home.

4 comments:

karin said...

Did Isaac have shoes with him? Or did he go the day without shoes?

I love how everyone has different perspectives on things. And it takes a loving relationship to accept the other person's view.

The Nielsens said...

NO shoes!! If it was anyone other than Isaac, I might truly be surprised. Did he have to go all day without? I'm glad your home Brandy.

Brandy said...

My husband's lack of detail has caused many questions. Isaac was barefoot when the bus arrived, so my husband gave him his socks and shoes and told him to run to the bus. Isaac did not go all day without shoes. I'm sure that would have been against the dress code.

mistyp said...

Good thing he had the shoes and socks! Hey, when Craig asked me on our first date he used did it missionary style, with the commitment pattern. :) He'd only been home a month or so and I'd been home 6 months. I recognized it and got a good laugh out of it. I still tease him to this day. Guess you could call that a business like method. ;) Funny guys, huh?