Sunday, September 2, 2007

263


I know why. I have the answer. Well, at least one of them.


I remember several years ago, perhaps 3 years ago, Bishop Gene Hodson specifically asked our ward to pray every morning at 7am for the missionaries in our ward. And pray for them by name. Pray that we would find people for the missionaries to teach. Remember that? I know our family followed his council. Okay, we didn't really hit the 7am on the nose, but in our 7:30am family prayer before school, we always brought the subject up. We were pretty faithful for a number of months. Well, here it is all these years later, and Brother Kirkham announces over the pulpit, in his characteristically funny way, that we had reached a record 263 people in sacrament meeting. Now a lot has happened in the three or so years since the prayer request, but it is my testimony that the prayers have been answered. Non-members have been baptized, inactives have been reactivated, and strong member families have been sent to our ward to assist in the work. And it all started when a humble Bishop followed a prompting. He made a very specific request, and we have received a very specific blessing.

3 comments:

mistyp said...

Prayers really do work...even if it takes years until we see the results!

The Nielsens said...

Brandy,

As soon as I saw 263,the title, before reading anything you wrote, I immediately thought of Bishop Hodson's request. I think about that every Sunday and sometimes during the week. Our family followed that counsel as well, not always 7:00 but close. It is wonderful what the power of prayer can do.

karin said...

I LOVE when Adam prayers for the missionaries. I get a little smile and hope that his example will influence Austin in praying for the missionaries as well.