One of Emma's tactics to not going to bed is to come out and say, "I have to go to the bathroom." Yes, as a mom of four, I should make sure I take her to the bathroom every night before bed. This would do away with the game. But I don't, so the game continues. In my defense, this is not a nightly game, but she does use this tactic often.
As I was standing next to her while she did her business in my bathroom, I noticed my scale and decided to discretely weigh myself. She doesn't know how to read, so I figured I was safe. As soon as I stepped on the scale the question came: What are you doing? I told her, "I am weighing myself." Then the reply, "Ya, you're getting bigger."
Now, out of context this is pretty sad. But I assure you she had the best of intentions. I recently took her for her 3 year old check-up and when she got off the scale and the nurse pronounced "31 pounds!" I cheered and gave her a high-five and said something to the effect of "You did it. You're getting so big!"
I'm sure she was just returning the compliment. And by the way, I'm getting smaller, not bigger! :)
Sunday, September 23, 2007
Heart of Gold
Posted by
Brandy
at
10:27 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
How sweet! We don't own a scale and I like it that way.
Good job on getting smaller.
Don't you love the things they say!? Of course she meant it in the good way! :)
Is it bad if I don't tell the truth to my girls. They are cute when it comes to there turn. They say, "what am I? Oh, the scale...
Post a Comment