Thursday, September 27, 2007

Oops


I still pick out Isaac's clothes. I even dress him in the mornings. It works for us. Today was no different. I went to his closet about 6:45am, got him some socks and other unmentionables, got a pair of shorts out of the drawer and then found a nice button-up shirt he has not worn in a while. It looked like a good match. I continued on with my ritual and woke him up, walked him over to the desk chair in which I sat and dressed him. He went off to school looking like a handsome little second grader ready to fill his mind with knowledge.

So imagine my surprise when he got off the bus looking like a boy who had outgrown his shirt and worn big brother's hand-me-down undershirt. The undershirt's sleeves were at least 2 inches longer than his outer shirt. I was horrified. But I only had myself to blame. What gets me the most is that the undershirt was a last minute addition. I thought he'd look just a little more put-together if he had an undershirt. Guess I was wrong.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brandy Isaac doesn't look like it bothered him. Atleast they look good together.

karin said...

I hope Adam still lets me pick out his clothes when he is in school. He went through a phase of picking out his own clothes because "I a big boy" but we have gotten back in "mom get my clothes please" and I prefer that.

Kari said...

How many times did I go to school with my mom assuring me I looked great? Eighties hair and glasses anyone? It makes for great stories!! I'm sure all the teachers wonder about my kids because they DO dress themselves. They'll have some great stories too.