I really like Rachael Ray. She's got a fun personality and a good gimmick for her shows. I think she's really pretty, too. I started watching her with her 30 Minute Meals show on the Food Network. She was fun to watch and she made cooking look so easy. I would find myself taking on some of her mannerisms while I cooked--like going to the pantry and bringing everything back to the counter at once. A big ol' arm full. I never did adopt the garbage bowl. That would be just one more dish to wash. I usually just use my sink (which happens to be a pet peeve of my hubby--sorry hon.)
Her gimmick--the fact that you could have a full, homemade meal on the table in 30 minutes or less from start to finish--is an appealing one for busy women. Whether you work or have a lot of kids, or both, dinner time can be stressful. Rachael Ray is trying to teach women that you can provide a good, healthy meal at home instead of eating out. All you have to give it is 30 minutes! Who doesn't have just 30 minutes to devote to cooking?
Apparently I'm not the only one who has thought about Rachael Ray and her appealing message to women. Someone in this area has given it a lot of thought. And they have adapted it to other areas of life. If promising women that they can provide dinner with just a 30 minute investment of time will get more women in the kitchen, then why not promise people that they can find salvation with just a 30-minute Sunday worship service? Will that cause more people to fill the pews? Will more people decide to come to church if they know they only have to give it a 30 minute investment?
We'll see. But I don't think that lowering standards in order to appeal to a greater number of people is what Christ had in mind when He invited all to "Come unto Him." Nephi said, "And now behold, I say unto you that the right way is to believe in Christ, and deny him not; and Christ is the Holy One of Israel; wherefore ye must bow down before him, and worship him with all your might, mind, and strength, and your whole soul..." (2Ne 25:29) It doesn't sound like Nephi was teaching that it would only take 30 minutes.
Saturday, September 15, 2007
www.30minuteworship.com
Posted by
Brandy
at
7:53 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Ya, 30 minutes doesn't seem like it would ensure salvation. ;) I like watching Rachel Ray, but haven't ever been able to make a 30 minute dinner, unless it was something frozen. Ha, Ha, Ha! ;)
I was watching Rachel Ray just the other day and learned about the Walk Vest from Valerie Bertonelli.
30 minutes to ensure salvation.... I'll have to give that some thought.
I'm not sure about 30 min. but L's parents live in South America and they have 2 hour church now. They have Sacrament mtng. for an hour and then Sunday School and Relief Society/Priesthood are each 30 min. I think it's a 'test' program so maybe we'll get it too someday!
I also like Rachel Ray but I can't chop as fast as she can and I'm never as organized so I haven't actually been able to make anything in 30 min.
30 minutes would mean no Nursery right? Just kidding, I volunteer for Nursery- am I crazy?
I wish I could make meals like Rachel Ray- at least they look good.
I have a Trash "bag" instead of bowl...I just throw it away when I am done cooking! :)
Post a Comment