Tonight we went to Goodwill. I stopped in there last Friday when I had some time to burn in Waco, and to my surprise I found the Halloween costume Mecca. I perused the racks and bought a Harry Potter cape for $1.99. I knew I couldn't go wrong with that one. I wanted to bring the kids back to pick out a costume before the racks are picked clean. This is a record: the Romer's are ready for Halloween in September!
Emma found this princess dress and fell in love right away. She had to try it on as soon as we got home. Rebekah found a blonde wig and got the idea to be Hannah Montana. Real original, huh? Anyway, after the wig, came a purple fuzzy scarf, then a purple sequined hat, then a black, faux leather skirt, then a purple Limited Too shirt. See, I told you this was the costume Mecca. Rebekah is gonna to be rockin'. Paul found a real Baylor football jersey. He'll need a helmet and pants to complete the look, but we've got a month. Isaac just needs some round glasses, and he's ready to be Harry.
So if you find yourself on Valley Mills with a few minutes to spare, may I recommend the Goodwill store. I bet it'll have all your Halloween needs--but you'd better get there while the gettin's good.
(in case you're wondering--my total tonight was $21.56)
4 comments:
Hannah Montana?! How old is she again? What a great idea, we are just using pirate stuff my sister has- same as last year.
The picture is of Emma wearing her princess costume and Rebekah's Hannah Montana wig. I don't know why she's making that face. All I said was, "Smile."
Cute picture. I'll have to check out the costumes at Goodwill. It never even crossed my mind to look there. Thanks for the tip!
That girl is sooooo funny. She makes me laugh so much. Great costume!!!!
Post a Comment