I handed out the evening's chore assignments as soon as the kids got off the bus. Paul's assignment was to mow the front yard. This is a chore that ends up being more trouble than it's worth. I'd rather go mow it myself than constantly have to remind him to go out and get it finished. He's the famous, "can I start it today and finish it tomorrow" mower. I hate that. But today he had a different groove goin' on. He finished his homework and got right to it. I was so relieved.
About 15 minutes into his mowing, he comes running in yelling, "there's a full rainbow outside." He grabbed the camera and took this picture. I believe that it was his little reward for his compassion towards his mother. Let this be a lesson that Heavenly Father is watching, and He really meant it when He told us to honor our father and mother. And quickly obeying is definitely a good example of honoring.
1 comment:
What a beautiful reward! I can't remember the last time I saw a rainbow but it doesn't rain here either.
Post a Comment