Thursday, September 6, 2007

Christmas in September


I got a package in the mail yesterday from my brother and sister-in-law. They live in Idaho. They run an internet scrapbooking business. They sell Cricut machines. Can you guess what it was? I knew "something" was coming, but honestly I thought it was some leftover papers or stickers or such. Nope. It was my very own Cricut machine. I'm not worthy!

I waited until the kids went to bed last night before I opened the box. This is not a toy, you know. I read most of the set-up instructions, and then I went to work. I cut out my name, a heart, flowers, the word "thanks". I played around with pressure adjustments and sizes. It was so fun. I still can't believe it.

When Tonya arrived this morning to drop off Jake, she saw my conspicuously-placed machine on the fireplace and said, "So I see you've called Mickie." (Mickie is the only friend we know who owns a Cricut) I said, "nope." Then Rebekah blew my cover and yelled out "Uncle Mark." Snitch! I was going to let Tonya believe that I saved my hard-earned money and bought it for myself. She would have known better. I don't have any hard-earned money.

I'm looking forward to learning all the neat tricks I can do with the Cricut. That's in the "advanced" section and I didn't get there yet. Truthfully, this is way better than Christmas. My family certainly wasn't planning on such a generous gift. I know a certain "accessories" aisle they can shop at now. It should be easy to buy my Christmas presents.

Mark and Heidi, you two are very kind. When I find the right words to say, I'll be giving you a call. Thank you.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are worthy. Enjoy every second of using your machine/adult toy. JCV Jeanette

Watts Family said...

I actually just got one recently too and they are SO fun. Sophia asked what I was doing and I told her I was playing with my toy. We all get a kick out of watching it cut the letters. Fun for you!

Nicole

PS- maybe we can share cartriges!

mistyp said...

Lucky you! My mom looks at those, all the time, when we go shopping, but they cost so much! Have fun playing with it! :)

The Nielsens said...

I can't think of anyone more worthy. You are always doing wonderful things for others. Enjoy, Enjoy. I want a tour when I come over.

Stamp With Linz said...

Yeah for Brandy! Just think of all you can make now!