I don't have a lot on my mind lately. I'm recovering fine from the surgery, but this weekend I've had one doozy of a cold. Isaac came home from school on Friday and the first thing he said was, "Mom, my throat hurts when I swallow." Then the fever came. Ya, on Friday at 4pm. Great. So this weekend was spent with me and Isaac "resting" at home, aka locked up in the house while the rest of the family went about their merry way. Whatever.
On Monday I took Isaac to the doc and the strep test was positive. I gave him a dose of his antibiotic on Monday night and sent him to school today. He's fine.
Finally today I've gotten some congestion relief. I still sound like I'm speaking underwater, but I feel much better and the stuffiness is starting to break up. Please don't mind my chapped nostrils. Even Puffs plus Lotion will chap you if you use them in excess.
So you see, I don't have a lot to write about. I could talk about our FHE last night, but it was really routine, except for the fact that Rebekah planned and executed her lesson without anyone's help. It was impressive. And it was Emma's night for treat and she threw a fit beforehand when I told her that it was just going to be ice cream and she didn't want ice cream, but when FHE was over she was thrilled to announce to everyone that she picked ice cream. Go figure.
I actually have plans with my mom to go out of the house tomorrow. Shopping! And at my favorite stores--Hobby Lobby and Michael's. My Grandmother's birthday party is next weekend and we've got a few more decorations to get. Yippeee!
Tuesday, September 18, 2007
Things are lookin' up.
Posted by
Brandy
at
9:51 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I hate having a cold but glad to hear you are feeling better. And I LOVE Hobby Lobby (we don't have any here).
Yeah, you're getting out of the house...and yet you haven't written me back to let me know which day I can bring dinner...I'm still waiting!
Sounds like things are going around. Everyone was sick in UT when we were there. Now we're back and I feel more stuff coming on. I'm hoping it's mainly due to allergies. Hope you are feeling better today. :)
Post a Comment