What good is money if you can't buy what you want? My mom and I (and Emma and Jake) went shopping for a few more things to decorate my grandmother's 80th birthday bash. That's right--we're planning it and we're planning a bash! We first went to Card and Party Factory to buy additional table coverings and order the balloons. In and out.
Then came Hobby Lobby. We got an additional roll of ribbon--don't want to run out-- but we could not find anything else we needed! I couldn't believe it. That ginormous store did not have what I was looking for. I knew I would be venturing to Walmart during scouts tonight, so I told my mom I would just pick up the stuff there. You can probably guess, but they didn't have it either. Man alive! I clipped the 50% off Michael's coupon from the paper, so I guess I'll head there in the next couple of days. Please--wish me luck!
Some light did shine through the darkness. I've been wanting a 3-drawer bin for my paper scraps. I first found my coveted item at Target. But I left it on the shelf when I realized that one of my children needed something instead. Then I found it at WalMart and it was a few dollars cheaper and that made me really glad I didn't buy the one at Target. But alas, my budget constrained me, and I left it for the time being. But today, the day that Hobby Lobby did not have our decoration needs, proved to be the day. I had printed off two 40% off coupons from the internet. Two shoppers, me and my mom, so two coupons. Yea! We used one coupon to buy plastic serving trays, but we just couldn't find anything else for the second coupon. Too bad, so sad....until I saw my bin. And then I remembered how much I wanted, rather, needed it. And 40% off to boot! I couldn't resist. It's now mine. I have a separate drawer for light colored paper, dark colored paper, and patterned paper. I'm so organized. I love it.
One more note about Hobby Lobby. My mom took Emma to the restroom and they saw a shoplifter. Really. My mom told a store employee, but we don't think he did anything about it. While checking out, we saw the girl leave the store. She didn't have any bags. I bet it was still in her pants. How terrible.
One more note about Hobby Lobby. My mom took Emma to the restroom and they saw a shoplifter. Really. My mom told a store employee, but we don't think he did anything about it. While checking out, we saw the girl leave the store. She didn't have any bags. I bet it was still in her pants. How terrible.
2 comments:
I have one of those and LOVE it. It does make me feel organized.
I hope you find what you are looking for. I hate when I know what I want but can't find it.
Yeah for you! You deserve something special! :)
Post a Comment