When my good friend Pete Pavusek graduated from high school he and his parents packed up and moved to the eastern United States so that he could attend college and they could be near family.
For $600 cash they sold me their 1971 Ford LTD. I don't believe there are any pictures of my car available but it looked similar to this one, except it was a darker green and had a white top, I think.
It was a great first car in 1988. It was big and safe. And I always knew that my friends liked me for more than my car. The one negative was that it got terrible gas mileage.
One time my brother Keith took the car for a ride while I was away from home and got pulled over. Since he didn't have a license yet, he used mine. I ended up getting a fix-it ticket for bald tires. I was upset at the time, but I got some free tires out of the deal. Thanks, Keith.
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
The 1971 Ford LTD
Posted by
Paul
at
8:19 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
It is nice to have a brother that loves you.
It was worth the tires just for the experience. You may not have know but I didnt use you lisence so I wouldnt get arrested. I did it because I always wanted to be you.
Keith
and this is the car that you made into a convertible...
Post a Comment