I was reminded about the 1990s commercial about Grey Poupon this morning while reading a short online crime article from a newspaper in Utah. In Murray, where David Archuleta is from, three people thought it would be funny to get a man to unroll his car window at an intersection and ask him, "Excuse me, sir, do you have any Grey Poupon?"
No, the man pulled a gun, cocked it and said something like, "I've got your Grey Poupon right here!"
It was a bad move because the people who wanted Grey Poupon wrote down his license plate number and the man was arrested and charged with aggravated assault, a third degree felony.

The group must have been stunned as the man reached for his glove compartment. Would he be pulling this out?
No, the man pulled a gun, cocked it and said something like, "I've got your Grey Poupon right here!" It was a bad move because the people who wanted Grey Poupon wrote down his license plate number and the man was arrested and charged with aggravated assault, a third degree felony.
Anyway, I share this information in a post to warn kids who think it is just good, clean fun to ask that question. Warning: it could be really dangerous.


3 comments:
It is a shame that you cannot talk to someone without feeling threatened. When I was younger I was very open and helpful if someone appeared to be in need. Now if I see someone on the side of the road needing assistance (minor) I just drive on by. No way will I pick up a hitchhiker.
I have some stone ground mustard.
PS
Thanks for the tomatoes and peppers.
PPS
Thanks for the cookies.
Those kids mustard up the courage to ask,. the guy should have been nicer.
Those kids mustard up the courage to ask,. the guy should have been nicer.
Post a Comment