Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Our Life is a Comic Strip

If you have been reading this blog for the past six months you may remember the posts about Brian Crane, the creator of the comic strip Pickles. Brian grew up in California with my dad and after my dad visited Texas earlier this year I posted a story about him and Brian.


Within a month Brain stumbled upon our blog and ended up sending our family and Isaac his two books of comic strips.

Well, Brian has again contacted us with what for us is exciting news. He has continued to read our blog and asked permission to use the Amen post from Monday as inspiration for a future comic strip. That's right. An event that started in the Romer living room will be recreated and delivered in morning newspapers to homes all over America.

Isaac, our inspiration behind the post, thinks he is the coolest kid in the world.

And to top it all off, Brain said he would send us the original artwork from the comic strip. Keep checking the blog and when it prints we'll post about it.

Here are some links to Pickles posts to this blog from earlier this year:





8 comments:

karin said...

Congratulations! That is great.

Jeanette said...

Too cool. Yay for Issac and the Romer family. You guys are amazing.

Meera said...

Nice title for a post :0)

Larry said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Larry stole my line so just HI

Larry said...

I am sorry that I stole your line. I shall change my line.

Aboy to that!

Craig said...

That is absolutely awesome! I read the story and laughed out loud. That is classic.

mistyp said...

That is neat! Craig has been telling the story to all our family members! ;)