I was talking to my father on the phone last Sunday and he mentioned that he was watching an Osmond special on the BYU channel. He said it was a great show and recommended that if I had a chance to see it, I should.
Sunday, August 3, 2008
One Bad Apple
Posted by
Paul
at
7:15 PM
Well, last night I watched it and was surprised at how good it was. It was funny and touching.
We had my brother Keith and Brandy's parents over today and I showed them the highlights. It was even better seeing it a second time because Brandy's mother loved the Osmond's when she was growing up. Her smile during the performances was priceless.
Anyway, this morning something happened in our home that helped me gain a greater appreciation for what it means to be a mother. I know, what a strange transition, but I promise it is Osmond related -- in a way.
Emma stayed up too late last night and woke up too early this morning and decided that she was going to cry for a while no matter what anyone said or did. It was right at a time when Brandy was working to make sure that every other kid was ready for church.
I walked by Brandy in the hallway and tried to offer some encouragement. I did a little dance and sang "One bad apple don't spoil the whole bunch, girl."
Without missing a beat Brandy dryly said, "yes it does" and she left down the hall to make sure everything else was running smoothly.
Everybody made it to church on time and I was reminded once again that Momma always knows best, and when she is working it's best to just stay out of her way. Momma's have a funny way of seeing the bad apples differently than the rest of the world does. And sometimes because mother's have unusual power, those bad apples turn out to be something entirely different -- like a sweet little girl all dressed up and sitting reverently on the fifth row of the chapel.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Paul, I was cruising down the blog and saw noone has commented on this yet. Do you remember when the OSMONDS did the Hawaiian Punch commercials? That was awesome. I wonder if you tube or something has that?
Post a Comment