As a family we went to the dollar theater on Saturday and saw the G-rated movie Kitt Kittredge An American Girl. Brandy offered me to take the boys to The Hulk while the girls watched this movie and I have to say I am glad I made the decision to force the boys to watch this movie.
Isaac tried as hard as he could to pout his way into watching The Hulk. It didn't work. I would not relent, mostly because this was rated G and a woman on the Internet said this movie was great for girls and "boys should see it, too."
It hurt Paul Ivan's preteen pride that he had to see this movie. I was just hoping we would see some of this friends so that we could wave to them and invite them to sit near us. The opportunity never materialized. Paul Ivan still won't admit that he liked it. As we walked out of the theater, I asked him what he liked most about the movie and he coolly said, "When it ended."
Yeah right. I know he secretly liked this movie. When he is older and wiser, he will thank us for such experiences.
I don't want to give this movie away, so I'll just say that it is set during the depression and while it deals with many of the issues people had during that era, it is not depressing. I found it refreshing -- the kind of movie that makes you want to be a better person.

5 comments:
I want to see this but since I have boys thought I would have to wait to be around some nieces to justify renting it. Glad to know that boys will like it too.
I second the recommendation. My girls and I really enjoyed it on Saturday. One warning though - it is very different from the books. I'm glad I insisted they read the books first.
Never heard of it, but I might have to try and watch it. I like movies that make me want to be better. =)
I love the "cool teen" attitude, it cracks me up.
Wow, I am going to see that movie. I have been saying I need to get out. And go to a movie. It has been to long.
Tell Paul Ivan in the not to far away future, he will have to take dates to the movie . So get use to seeing those wonderful movies ladies love. Grandma B...Just great that one was so good, huh.
Now I know where to turn for back up when I start the argument that boys can enjoy this. If I start the discussion now, we should have it settled by Tuesday, in time for 50 cent day!
Post a Comment