Sunday, August 31, 2008

beautiful girls



I'm a photographer wanna-be. My sister has been feeding my fetish by buying me photography how-to books, but I still haven't read the manual on my camera (the awesome Canon Digital Rebel my dad gave me for my birthday), so knowing that I need to adjust the aperture does nothing for me if I don't know how to adjust it.

So...We ventured out to my parents' today to see if I could fake it. Thank goodness my hubby came along because he took over the role of photographer and my embarrassment can wait for another day. I'm not completely happy with the lighting on their faces, but I don't have any fancy photoshop program to fix it (nor do I have the time to learn how to use it right now--first things first). But overall I'm happy with the pictures of the girls.

The boys are another story. Too bright sun = squinty eyes. We'll have to retake another day.

Next time I won't have a tree line cutting their heads in half. I'm still learning about composition, too.

6 comments:

Paul said...

After reading this post I feel bad for being a camera hog. Brandy never complains about anything, so she certainly didn't say anything when I took over the camera. I Should have known that she wanted to take those pictures. The next time we go out to take pictures I am not touching the camera.

Larry said...

If you want to use a program to edit your photographs you can get one for FREE.

GIMP (Graphic Image Manipulation Program) at gimp.org is a photoshop type program. I use it at home to some success. Debra likes to use it. It does exist for Micro$oft/Windows and for linux.

I suggest you download it and install it for FREE.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Girls.
Love, Grandma B.

Michele said...

Emily noticed these matching outfits on Sunday and told me how cute they were. I was sad I missed them, so thanks for posting them!

Mark and Heidi Romer said...

Wow your girls are growing up quick! I haven't seen them since we lived in TX about 3 years ago. I really need to keep up on your blog. Paul always has great stories...nursing king, where do you find these things?

Garza Family said...

I love the skirts, they are beautiful indeed. I'm a wannabee as well, don't feel bad. I'm sure your skills will bloom real quick.