I have put a lot of thought lately into the scripture from 1 Peter 2:9 where it references "a peculiar people." I spoke in two different settings Sunday and brought it up both times.
More than once this week I have caught myself on my drive to work thinking about this verse.
I won't share any of my specific pondering other than to say that I know I am peculiar. I'm at peace with it and it is actually a source of pride for me.
There are, however, many different definitions of the word. I am not peculiar in the same way the gentleman pictured above is.
Here is his story:
The body of Angel Pantoja Medina, left, stands leaning against a wall during his wake in his mother's home in San Juan, Puerto Rico. The last wish of Medina, 24, was to be standing at his own wake. He was embalmed for the occasion.
3 comments:
That is just freaky. In Ecuador, I was once invited into the wake of a family I didn't know. Can you imagine how awkward it would have been had the person been embalmed and placed standing?
"Hello, I'm Elder Pankratz?"
"Elder, he's the deceased."
I would've been out the door faster than Phelps could win a gold medal.
I meant wake of a man. The whole family hadn't died.
That is just ewwwwwwwwwww not good to see. I thought it was a manican.
How sad.
Mom.
Post a Comment