A few days before Isaac's baptism, we were talking as a family about the baptismal program. We were discussing what do to while Isaac and Paul were changing clothes. We've been to a lot of baptisms, so we've seen a lot of different options. The option we liked as a family was singing hymns. We sing hymns daily in our home, so it seemed like a good "time-filler." We told the children of our experience attending baptisms where the chorister asked people in the audience to suggest a hymn to sing. It was our experience that by doing that, it disrupted the reverence of the occasion, and caused a lot of talking and discussion. So in an effort to maintain the reverence, we chose to pick the hymns ahead of time and give the list to the pianist.
I tell you all this so I can share this story: During the next family prayer we had after this discussion, Isaac prayed that he would have a reverent baptism. After the prayer we asked him why he prayed for that, and he answered that he wanted to have a reverent baptism so the Holy Ghost could be there.
Sometimes it is humbling to be a parent. I was focused on getting the speakers and program all arranged and Isaac was focused on feeling the Spirit. I love that little guy. He's a different kind of kid than Paul or Rebekah. He's got his own strengths and weaknesses, but he's mine, and I love him!
3 comments:
What a sweet boy you have. I love the prayers of children, they truly remind us what is important.
A VERY IMPORTANT PART OF BEING BAPTIZED. HE PREPARED WELL.
I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU ISAAC.
- GRANDMA B.-
Congratulations Isaac we love you!
The Utah Sup's
Post a Comment