Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Before Seatbelts were Required

This reminds me of the Chevette my father had when I was a boy. We stuffed the whole family into that baby many times -- and it was always very desirable to ride in the back.

3 comments:

Garza Family said...

I was driving down the freeway a few days ago and there was a truck with 4 young teens in the back. I thought to myself "how could they put their children at risk like that" I quickly remembered doing it ourselves on the way back from Shadow Cliffs. It's crazy how times change.

Anonymous said...

What Lindsey is trying to say is " I dont remember a Chevette"

Kyle said...

Yeah...the good old days. The back seat was folded flat and we laid out in back. Then we'd fight (me with my two brothers) for the 'best' spot in the back of our old 1980 Subaru wagon.

Air conditioning was another great invention too!