One of our kids is in love. It's a first for us. With two kids in middle school, we knew it was bound to happen.
We just didn't expect it to be Emma.
That's right. Out of our four children, it's our three year old who has professed her love for someone else. She barged into the living room the other day and announced, "Mom, I like H. (his name is Heath, but he goes by "H".) He is really cute!"
Did I mention H is nearly 13? I informed Miss Emma that she is way too young to like boys, and just because a boy is cute does not mean that she has to like him.
I don't think she's buying it. I do think that this little girl of ours is going to be a handful. Neither Paul nor Rebekah will admit any "feelings" for anyone. They both seem uninterested (and that's the way it should be.) Isaac still thinks girls have cooties, so I know I'm safe for another few years with him. But Emma....oh, Emma. I should have guessed she would be the one when she stopped watching Dora and started asking to watch Hannah Montana and Zack and Cody. This is not good...not good at all.
5 comments:
I remember starting to like girls in the third grade. I have liked girls ever since. I am fortunate in having met the best.
If she is going to like an older boy, H is the BEST one. She probably likes him because he is SO GREAT with little kids.
Oh my goodness, how cute! I agree, way too young.
I love that picture of her! She's a cutie! My first crush was when I was in 3rd grade..the boy was in high school though. Funny stuff! What does H think about this? I guess he should be flattered, huh? I agree that you better watch out for Miss Emma! ;)
Post a Comment