Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Emma's four now





Yes, Emma's birthday comes exactly one week after Isaac's. I decided to have her party on Friday morning. It was a pretty low-key party--just the way I like them. A lot of her friends have recently moved away, so I struggled to think of girls to invite. I realized after the party that Emma has a couple of friends I forgot about. Obviously they aren't close friends, but still...

If I am in charge of the birthday cake, you can bet it'll be baked in a 9x13 with frosting from a can slopped on top. That's the way I do things. But the grandmother of one of Emma's recently-moved-away friends approached me at church and asked when I wanted Emma's cake delivered. No, I had not asked her to make a cake, but then again Mickie doesn't always wait for you to ask. I tried to decline one of her masterpieces, but as you can see I was unsuccessful. Mickie is a very talented (and busy) cake decorator. But she's also a friend of mine, and I thank her for Emma's beautiful and delicious cake.

The picture of the doll is for Emma's grandma in Utah. Thank you. She loves it. I think her name is Jamie, or maybe Amy. It's one of those. But Emma loves her, nonetheless.

5 comments:

karin said...

Emma looks SO grown up. Her cake looks delicious. How fun to have friends over to celebrate her birthday (we still only have family parties, I will admit I am afraid of the 'friend party').

Larry said...

Happy Birthday Emma!

Stamp With Linz said...

Oh yeah- that is so fun!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a nice Birthday. I am glad you like the doll Emma. I love baby dolls.And had fun shopping for the one I finally decided to get you. She drinks and wets.That was a big plus. Not to mention a really adorable doll.It is A joy to give you a doll you like.
Love, Grandma B.

mistyp said...

Such a cute cake and cute pics. I'm way behind on reading blogs. Your kids look so grown up, going off to school! :)