Thursday, August 28, 2008

King of the Breastfeeders

I have heard of King of the Jungle and King of the Wild Frontier but this is a new one.

Four-month-old Raul Montoya of Lima, Peru recently won a nursing contest and was crowned King of the Breastfeeders. I'm sure his parents are so proud. His mother probably knew he had what it took to be king soon after he was born.

I haven't researched the criteria judges used to help determine this boy's royalty, mostly because I really don't want to know.

The boy does look cute, however, with the crown on his head and a scepter in his hand. I bet his reign is a short one -- When he starts to grow teeth his own mother will take away everything that made this boy king, and he will be a commoner just like the rest of us.

Until then all his Majesty's subjects will pay him homage when they aren't sleeping, eating or messing a diaper.

5 comments:

Garza Family said...

Where on Earth did you find this one?

TonyaKuykendall said...

I'm sure at some point during their tenure as breastfeeder, every mother thought of their little one as King/Queen of the Breastfeeders.

Anonymous said...

Carrie was the slowest. At birth 6 pounds she took an hour to eat and then woke up an hour latter hungry.
At her 1 month checkup she weighed in over 8 pounds.The doctor was pleased. The slowest breastfeeder However she still was a princess.
You were all precious princes and princesses. Mom B

Michele said...

I had my own little Baracuda Nursing Queen whom I believe could've dethroned his boy--had they been contemporaries. A favorite comment of mainly elderly admirers was, "My, she's underfed." Doctors only worry if they're too SKINNNY, though, so we never lost a wink of sleep over the welfare of our little queen.

Anonymous said...

Hey Mom , little to much info