Wednesday, August 27, 2008

To Mr. Tanzania

DON'T DO IT!

Let me explain.

I like to click on sitemeter to see how people come to our blog. You wouldn't believe how many people type in "Wii word" on a search and end up visiting us.

Another common search is "make wife smile." This is proof to all the cynical women out there that many men really do want to tell better jokes.

I feel kind of bad for the people who get to my blog with that search. They all see this picture:



It was a post about putting in a new heating element for our clothes dryer. I'm sure it disappoints lots of men who thought I had some mystical answer.

Back to the post at hand. Did I already plead with Mr. Tanzania to not even dwell on the thought of it?

He came to our blog today with the old "make wife smile" search. Another neat thing about sitemeter is that I can see all the outclicks from people leaving the blog.

Mr. Tanzania came to the blog, I presume, looking for new ideas about how to make his wife smile. His outclick, however, inferred a stark change in his thought process. Yesterday I wrote a story for the paper that I linked on the blog with the title "Man Talked often about Killing Wife."

Do you care to guess where he outclicked?

Don't do it Mr. Tanzania. Making your wife smile can be as simple as putting her needs in front of your own.

I'm sure that statement has Brandy smiling or maybe laughing. I promise to do better, honey.

6 comments:

TonyaKuykendall said...

That is too funny, because I also outclicked to that story yesterday. Then I read your story about victims not receiving restitution. And I can concur with your story, being one of those unfortunate victims. :o(

Anonymous said...

Wow ! So I guess you can see if someone (not me of course) reads your blogs,articles,family and friends blogs all from out-clicking ! Either I need to learn more about blogging or find a job now that all the kids are in school.Reading blogs is right up there with loving Lysol spray and zip lock bags. Maybe I will start our family blog. Obsessed stay-at- home Mom in Livermore.Robert+Kelly=4Boys.

Garza Family said...

That's funny!

Anonymous said...

That job of yours.Writting about crime is greusome at times. Might be nice to go back to when you wrote articles about the county fair for the newspaper. Remember having to go to the fair and write a story about the meat goats there.
You are a good journalist. Mom.

Paul said...

crzymom,

I can see how people get to my blog but I don't have a way to track who is reading my articles other than my mother who tells me how awful the trials I cover are.

There is one person who gets to the blog by going to the same Google search over and over again. Some have it bookmarked. Others do crazy searches.

I think you should start a family blog. I know our family would like to get to know your family. Also, you could teach us why Lysol and zip lock bags are so great.

CrazyMom said...

Mom's would never ask that question.Lysol kills everything-I like to believe that in my world of running noses,sweaty,dirty and sticky hands.Also it smells wonderful-I live with all boys.Zip lock bags are the best invention next to toilet seat covers.Zip lock bags can hold everything from Lego's,food,soiled clothes,ice and lets not forget the long car ride that ends with vomit.I think I've said enough.

The family blog is still in the "idea" stage.

Iam still learning about how to comment on your comments to me ? I just found out you can see all my out-clicking.

You probably should let Larry know Iam not obsessed-I enjoy his writings and quotes.

Kelly+Robert=4boys