Before we knew about blogging, Brandy started writing things our children did down in a book. I found three entries tonight about Rebekah from the summer of 2002. She was four at the time.
Hee Haw (May 2002)
I took Rebekah to Payless Shoes to get her some new church shoes. We ran into a friend from church. Amy and I started talking about the challenges of buying shoes for little girls. They are all high heels or just too grown up for such little girls. I ended up buying Rebekah some sandals and we left. On the way home, Rebekah asked me, "mom, are my shoes hee-haw shoes?" It took me a minute but I figured out she meant "high heel!"
Half up (May 2002)
Rebekah has coined a new phrase. Whenever I make her a sandwich (one piece of bread folded over), she secretly tears up her sandwich into bite-size pieces and then asks me why I gave her so many. I act real surprised and puzzled, and laughing she says, "Mom -- just kidding -- 'I halfed them up!'" She does it all the time.
Danny (August 2002)
I've been telling the kids not to play in the car because in hot weather kids can die if they get stuck in a car. Today we were getting ready to leave and the kids ran out to the car while I gathered my keys and things. Before I knew it, Paul Ivan was running in saying it was an emergency. Rebekah had gotten in the car, shut the door and then panicked because she couldn't get the door open.
Later, as we were driving, we started to talk about it. Rebekah said, "Mom, I could have died today." I assured her that she wasn't very close to dying. Then she said, "If I had died, I wouldn't be alone. I would be with Danny (her seven-year-old cousin who died a month earlier). Danny's not alone. Jesus is with him."
1 comment:
Thanks for sharing that story about Danny...it's amazing how children think.
Post a Comment