Wednesday, July 2, 2008

The Matching

I got home from work last night and after dinner went to my bedroom to change clothes so that I could mow a lawn. Emma opened the bedroom door and walked in as I was putting my jeans on. She came up to me and asked if I would do the matching.

"What," I said?

"Are you going to do the matching," she repeated?

I looked into her eyes and told her I didn't know what she was talking about.

She said, "you know with your clothes."

When I told her that I would indeed be doing the matching (although that doesn't always happen when I mow), she went to my closet and picked me out some shoes -- my cowboy boots that she wears more than I do.

She gushed with pride when she said, "now you're going to be like me!"

I didn't have the heart to tell her that her outfit didn't match very well. Thinking it did, she agreed to pose for several pictures, the best of which I posted here. It shows her enthusiasm for the matching.

4 comments:

Larry said...

It seems that most children do not have a sense that stripes and dots, as well as all colors of the spectrum do not necessarily go together.

Some people grow up and figure out the difference. Some do not.

Anonymous said...

I agree wityh Larry and would like to speak with him about some of the ties he wears.
Sincerely,
Brother Mcaan

Larry said...

I have a great collection of ties. Just ask me.

Larry said...

Recently I was looking through Debra's pictures. Emma and Debra are cut from the same CLOTH!