I found the comments left on my post about eyebrow hair very helpful. I never thought that leaving the brows bushy would help protect against sweat dripping in my eyes. I have learned that people wax their brows and just know now that you can stop the inquiries asking if I have waxed yet. That is not for me.
So, on to a different hair issue. What does a person do about ear hair? If you've got it, should you flaunt it? I know somebody mentioned recently that unwanted hair sometimes comes in threes and usually on the eyebrows, ears and nose. As for me, I am like a teenager with my ear hair. I have a single whisker that grows out of the back lobe of my left ear and just this week I pulled a two inch baby like hair from the top of the same ear.
The man in the picture above is proud of his ear hair because it helped him to reach the Guinness Book of World Records.
Would you believe me if I told you I may have met this man -- or maybe it was a cousin. On the island of Antigua there is a pharmacy where the pharmacist has similar ear hair. I can't remember how I first noticed it but I remember the man grew his hair long and just combed the ear hair back and attempted to have it blend in with the rest of his hair.
I lived on Antigua for six months as a missionary. I did some good work there. Whenever a new missionary would come to the island, I showed him around town. We visited the post office, church, shops around town, bus stops, cruise ship ports and always the pharmacy.
I never brought the new missionaries up to the counter. I would just bring them to the back of the store and we would quietly observe the pharmacist go about his work. I always felt a little bad for making this stop but it was such an unusual sight that I couldn't help it.
I don't know, maybe I shouldn't write about this topic. It is just too eary.

2 comments:
Yuck,yuck,yuck. No world record is worth that. I think I like bushy eyebrows better. Did I say Yuck yet?
I had some advice about ear hair from a man in Littleton. His advice was to just have it clipped when you get the patch on top clipped.
I have heard that things come in threes.
1. Eyebrows go crazy
2. Nose hair grows faster than your mustache
3. Ear hair that just pops out of nowhere
Do it the manly way. The quick and easy way. Just cut it off.
There is always Nair.
Nosehair clippers.
clippers
Post a Comment