Thursday, July 17, 2008

B-I-N-G-O from Inside the Glass Cage


If you've ever been to a major airport, you have probably seen those glass cages where the smokers seclude themselves so they smoke.

Well, today I visited a bingo hall for the first time since I have been in Texas. I was there for work, not pleasure. I share that because I know what you were thinking, Larry. One of the highlights of my visit, by the way, was people thinking I was a state inspector. They were not shy about sharing their complaints about the establishment.

Anyway, it was noon and as soon as I walked in the front door the smoke was so thick that I felt it immediately begin to starch my shirt and dry my eyes out. I even felt my lungs start to blacken. Everybody I saw in there had a cigarette in their mouth or hand.

Then in the back of the room I saw the small glass room, which is usually reserved for the smokers. I had to check it out. Turns out it was filled with nonsmokers.

It was my first time on the inside of the glass cage, which when I go to bingo halls, is apparently where I belong.

1 comment:

Larry said...

I am not sure which Larry you refer to in your article. Are you saying that you like to go to the backroom to do your dealing? Did I misunderstand that?

It is funny that they thought you were an inspector.

What did they complain to you?

When is the article being posted?