Sorry, there just aren't many pictures of me and my hubby. This one from 1997 will just have to do (isn't Paul Ivan so cute?).
I've been thinking these last few days about what I could possibly say in response to Paul's Romance 101 post. I have no defense for my rude, cutting remarks. He's right. But I always say them with a kind tone and only to those I love.
You're not buying it, are you? Okay--it's a weakness I should probably work on.
Moving on. Paul is also right about his romance skill. Pretty much nil. But that's okay. I have none either. His marriage proposal was logical and practical and it accomplished what he needed it to do. We're married, aren't we? I would have been very uncomfortable in some contrived situation that was only meant to bring attention to the fact that he loved me and wanted to spend forever with me. He got his point across, and I let him know I felt the same way, then we left Zilker Park to shop for our rings. Almost fourteen years later, I'm still good with that. No ill feelings from me.
But I want you to know that he's learned from that first (failed?) attempt. He's put some good effort in over the years. He's given me special, thoughtful presents. He's brought me flowers for no reason--lots of times. He's said flattering things about me to others--both when I can hear him and when I'm not around. He's put his complete trust in me and proven to me that I can put my trust in him. He values me as his partner in this life, and tells me often that he's grateful I said, "yes."
And you know what--I'll take all that over a candle-lit room any day.
3 comments:
Who is that guy standing next to Brandy?
SOUNDS GOOD TO ME. TO MUCH TV CAN MAKE THE PEOPLE THINK IT HAS TO BE A CERTAIN WAY. BUT ON TV THEY ARE ACTORS EARNING MONEY. AND THE REHERSALS AND FINAL CUT MAY TAKE MANY TRIES.
SHOPPING FOR RINGS AFTER SOUNDS LIKE SO MUCH FUN.
MOM B.
All that is A LOT and means a lot when heard and said.
Post a Comment