I first became aware of what I call crazy brow when visiting my grandfather while Brandy and I were in college. We were eating breakfast in the morning and I couldn't keep my eyes off his overgrown brow.
I have been paying more attention to the brows of older men lately to see if I can tell if they pluck, trim or just let them grow. There is a fair amount in the first two categories and few in the third.
Over the past few years Brandy has started pinning me down and plucking out my wild hairs. To help her get over the pain that she goes through when she hurts me -- er, plucks my brow, I started trimming my own shrubs.
The reason I've been observing the brows of others is I'm not sure which method is best. I was intrigued by one man who shaved his with a #1 clipper attachment (I know this because this is my preferred attachment to cut my hair with). I like the simpleness of this approach but Brandy seemed to think it was a short sighted approach.
So, does anybody have an opinion? Is it better for a man to trim or pluck his brows? I need to know before mine grow out to the crazy stage again.

13 comments:
Trim often, and you look great. But every once in a while you get a wild one that just has to go.
Soon after the hair on the eyebrows is the hair on the ears and out the nose.
I have some of those wild hairs that just do what they want. Jeanette has plucked before, but I do not like plucking. I have taken scissors to remove some of the more obvious violators. I have heard of others that just have them cut at the same time they get the top mop cut.
For me and my brow we choose the scissor method. It is less painful and leaves the bush intact to protect you from the precipitous perspiration from the texan heat.
Just go get them waxed =)
I didn't even know waxig was an option. Do real, everyday people do that?
Real men do not do wax!
I agree with you Larry. Real men don't wax. I am proud to say that I am so manly that I didn't even know people did such things.
Plucking keeps them gone longer. Trimming is quick and easy. Go for trimming.
Quick and easy is the manly method.
As a celebrity eyebrow specialist, I've worked on a lot of guys (Ron Livingston from SATC's "Berger", and James Franco aka Spiderman's best friend..) and I can only say make sure that you only wax between the eyebrows and tweeze underneath if needed to avoid from looking too done, (or as Ron told me, "too gay"). And def trim. Just brush straight up with a toothbrush, and then trim 1/4" above the brow going from beginning to temple. Can't go wrong. And yes, girl's notice a groomed brow. Makes a guy look more 'put together'. ;) best of luck!
Well, I have seen somewhere a comb and sissors used. Comb them out and while they are in the comb use the sissors. Ask a beautician or barbor better yet.Hey listen to Elka, sounds like she knows something!
epilady
Just be a man and let Brandy pluck them. You'd be surprised at the satifaction women get from plucking eyebrows, getting your blackheads etc... Its more for them than us. Just let it go man. Its the least you can do or rather not do
How did the wax job go?
Post a Comment