We have taught our children that when you repeat the word amen after somebody says a prayer it basically means "I agree."
The other night Emma, our four-year-old, rambled a bit during her prayer and said some things that Isaac didn't agree with. So, after the prayer he asks us "if you don't agree with what is said during a prayer, what do you say?"
I love to see a young mind at work. We told him he had asked a great question and then we skillfully avoided the answer since neither Brandy nor I had ever given it much thought.
We had moved on to other things when after several minutes Isaac excitedly and totally serious said, "I know, if you don't agree you should say awomen."
I won't tell you our reaction out of respect for Isaac but after giving this a lot of thought I say, "amen to that brother."
Monday, July 28, 2008
Amen
Posted by
Paul
at
10:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I like that one. At work the women tend to upset the morning. Seems they agree to disagree;.And not to happy.
A woman to that.
Mom B.
I have contemplated the implications of the afore discussion and I am more confused than before I came here to read.
Practicing your proposal of marriage seems to take a back seat to saying awomen to something that is not agreeable.
Take care!
Post a Comment