Saturday, January 5, 2008

Read it with your News Voice

When I was an editor, each day I attended an afternoon meeting and would present the stories that reporters were working on for the next day's paper. After my boss learned that my undergrad was in broadcasting he began asking me in jest to read my daily budget in my "news voice."

Although I thought the idea was funny, I could never bring myself to do it during the meeting. This video is your only chance to hear that voice, Carroll.

Here's some background:

When I was a student at BYU I picked up the ringing phone in the newsroom one day and a man on the line said, "I'm looking for somebody who wants to ride in a Blackhawk Helicopter on Saturday."

I told him that I was his man. I checked out the necessary equipment and filed this story for the BYU student news station.

If you watch the video, look for when the explosion goes off. I had no idea it was about to happen so the camera shake is real.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I make Paul read the kids bedtime stories in that voice. Isn't it cool?

Ok, I don't--but I should :)

karin said...

Brandy you should totally have him read EVERYTHING in his "news voice."

Anonymous said...

Sounds just like the guys on television. Even better!Great story.