
I am Legend is one of the best movies I have seen in a long time but my wife doesn't share the same sentiments. I admit that it was an intense movie with a few scary scenes. The message it shares, however, is that there is always hope and God works through people -- all different kinds -- to bring about his purposes.
Maybe the movie was too intense in its presentation of the message. I know that by the end Brandy didn't really care about themes or messages. She just wanted peace and quiet, which is something that Will Smith's character had too much of during the daytime. It eventually led him to making friends with mannequins, which is not very healthy.
For me the intensity of the story helped drive its message home more clearly. For my wife it made her not care.
Wednesday, January 2, 2008
For Those who care: I am Legend is Good
Posted by
Paul
at
10:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
It is interesting to hear the different views from both men and women of the movie. My brother-in-law LOVED it and a few women friends have not but I do have one friend that is a woman that enjoyed it but I am sure she knew what she was getting into when she went and she goes to all the "guy" movies with her husband so she has something to compare it to. I told Bryan I would go with him if he wanted but he hasn't asked yet.
For the record, Phillip really like it, too. It was just too intense for me.
IT WAS RAD, dont bring the kids.
Post a Comment