Monday, January 14, 2008

Too Much of a Good Thing


Here is proof that moderation is a good thing. These four eagles and 45 of their friends found a dump truck full of fish guts in Alaska and feasted until they couldn't fly.

Do you think they became too full to fly?

Well, if so, you are wrong. They apparently threw themselves into the meal with such vigor that they became slimy and could not fly until their feathers dried out.

I remember on Thanksgiving, it took me a while to dry out, too.

5 comments:

karin said...

Gross but interesting.

Anonymous said...

I agree that's gross

Anonymous said...

That many eagle in one place! Cool. Maybe they were very hungry and didn't know when the next meal was coming. JCV

Larry said...

Overindulgence is something that works against us all. Even the soaring eagles can be overcome by overindulgence.

There was a time in my life when I hated watermelon because I ate too much at a watermelon bust. I have finally overcome it.

Anonymous said...

I wish I could be so lucky to find a truck full of fish guts, I wish I was an eagle.