
First of all you have to be home for this to work. When the burglar breaks a window, hide in an upstairs closet and call the police. Don't move if he opens the closet door and shuffles through items near your feet. When police show up and he jumps into the closet with you but still doesn't notice that you are there, just stay still. When police finally enter the room, jump out and tell on the robber. He will be really surprised.
At least that is how it went for a woman in West Jordan, Utah. Her story was printed today in the Deseret Morning News.
Friday, January 18, 2008
How to Catch a Burglar
Posted by
Paul
at
7:10 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
WOW! There is no way I could that.
Several years ago Jeanette and I with the children went to Utah for the weekend. When we arrived home Jeanette said that somebody was in the house. She saw one of them look out the front window. In a few seconds they came running out of the house.
To their surprise, I had noticed the Jeep Wagoneer parked on the side of the road in front of our house running. I got into the driver side of the car and took the key out of the ignition. One of the two thieves wanted to leave, but could not because the vehicle was not being driven by his buddy. He was quite surprised.
They took off on foot down the street and Jeanette went into the house to call the police. We thought that it would soon be over when the police arrived. They showed up 20 minutes later. The theives stole another car to make their get away.
There is a lot more to this story, but to make a long story short, the children identified the men from mug shots (3 weeks after the incident) and we went to testify against one of them in court.
It was interesting to see the countenance of the suspect drop as he recognized me. I was then convinced that the real culprit was the man that was in the court. The DA cut a deal with him.
The interesting part of the whole ordeal was when one of the men was yelling SHOOT HIM! The dispatcher played down the whole thing. I could have been dead for 20 minutes before Denver police showed.
I just heard about this last night. So scary but so funny at the same time. I wonder if he's going to show up on america's dumbest criminals?
Love- Carrie
Post a Comment