I was talking to my mother today and she was relaying a conversation she had had with my grandmother about American Idol. My grandmother, who was an accomplished singer when she was younger, can't stand to watch the show because she feels like it puts too much emphasis on the talentless.
In short, she can't stand it when people can't carry a tune. My grandfather sings very softly in church and when my wife and I have visited her ward I have to admit that I intentionally did the same thing. She is a wonderful woman, but definately the Simon of our clan.
I ran across a blog entry on the Deseret News Web site about two Mormons, Brooke White and David Archuleta, who are GOING TO HOLLYWOOD. For those who don't watch the show, that means they have been deemed good enough to continue on in the competition.
Brooke is the one who is 24-years-old and has never seen a R-rated movie and David is the 16-year-old who in the past suffered from a paralyzed vocal chord. I have included their clips below.

3 comments:
We knew Brooke was a member and thought David was too until he went out into the hallway to let family know he was going to Hollywood.
We all have talents. This is the first time I have watched American Idol for more than 10 seconds.
By small means are great things brought to pass.
I like to sing, but my kids don't want me to make up the lyrics and tunes as I go.
I wonder. Could I become an American Idol?
I love IDOL....ok...I hate the first shows when they totally bash, but I have to admit....I've called in and voted for a contestant before....ha ha ha!
Post a Comment