Monday, January 21, 2008

What are we up to?

I've received a couple complaints that I do not blog enough about the family. So here's an update: Paul (the hubby) is at work. He still writes for the newspaper. He still works later into the evening than I'd like.

Me, I'm still home with kids. And lots of them. Whenever I pray that we'd have more money, I get another kid to watch. I'll begin watching an adorable 6 month old sometime in the next few weeks. Tonya went back to work, so I have Jake again. It was a good month off. Thanks, Ton. I got a lot of stuff done during the holidays. And my house stayed cleaner. I have a new calling in the Relief Society, so I am busy--a very good kind of busy. I love it. My husband not so much, but I do. For the first time ever, he's having to support me in my calling. No big thing...

Paul Ivan is advancing right along. He's learning that you actually have to study in middle school--and turn all papers in on time--and work ahead of time on big projects. He's harder on himself than he needs to be, so we're just letting him learn his own lessons. So what's an 89 every now and then?

Rebekah is currently very sick. She cannot shake this fever. She's got an afternoon doc appointment, so more on her later.

Ditto with Emma. Except I thought she was all better. She's hadn't run a fever in a day, so I took her to church. She fell asleep in the car on the way home from church and within an hour of waking up she had a 102 temp. The girls spent the night at Nurse Grandma's house--so not contaminate us all.

Isaac got a webkinz and will play it forever if allowed. I severely limit the time and find myself pushing the Wii. I think it goes back to the good, better, best comparison. Wii is better, but reading a book or outside play would be best. I guess I'm settling for "better" in my old age.

Is that everyone? I could tell you about other people's kids, but I'll let them get their own blog and update you. Okay, now you know everything. I'm off to the shower and I'm starting a secret hunt for a new set of bedding for my room. Don't tell my husband.

3 comments:

Paul said...

When I went to the Dillard's Outlet a month ago, I looked for bedding stuff, but I didn't want to come home with just a bedskirt, which is all they had.

I hope you are more successful than I am.

karin said...

What is your calling in RS?

Brandy said...

Education counselor (Lindsey Blackhurst is the new president, and she's running a tight ship!)