Lately I've had to compete with my blog-hog hubby and my webkinz-crazed daughter for time at this computer. And if you haven't noticed yet, my oldest son decided to start a blog of his own. And if any of you have blogs that I know of, and you've slacked on your regular posting, you know that I can be vocal about such slacking. So...imagine you're my own son. You'd better believe I'll encourage regular posting whenever I can.
But the stars have aligned for me and I have no other pressing obligations (other than my bed sheets are ready to be put in the dryer), so I can blog. And I have something that's been on my mind.
It was our 13th wedding anniversary on the 29th. I told my husband that in some ways it seems like it's been a long time, but in other ways I can't believe it's only 13 years. He didn't like that comment at first. But I really mean it. I don't really remember my life without him. We married when I was 19 and just beginning my junior year at UT Austin. He was 24 and in his freshman year. The next semester we transferred to BYU and the rest is history. We loved our BYU life, and we love our life now. Paul is the perfect husband for me.
One of the obstacles in my life is that I've felt like I was living my life in the present only to accomplish something in the future. I think after 7 post-BYU years, I've come to realize that that future accomplishment may never come. I don't mean to be vague, but I really don't know what I'm talking about. I'm just talking. I think I've been waiting for that big-paying job that has been just around the corner for 7 years now, and it just hasn't happened. But it is my testimony--and I do mean spiritual testimony--that whatever job my husband has had, has been the right one at the right time.
To celebrate our anniversary, we went to dinner at Cheddar's--a place that has been highly recommended to us, but always too long of a wait for a table. Thanks to Keith's Christmas gift, we were compelled to wait. And now we'd recommend it, too. We also decided to go to the movies. We both agreed on the movie I Am Legend. I thought it'd be cool. Remember--we have DVR and I don't watch too many commercials anymore. Well, I was wrong. Very wrong. I should have watched at least some commercials. That movie is too scary with too many intensely bad feelings. Paul Ivan is disappointed he will not be seeing it. My husband argues that it has a good message. Well, if you'd like to know the message, I can sum it up in one sentence. Email me, and I'll tell you and save you from the 2 hours of screams and flinching. Freaky movie--don't blame me if you watch it. I warned you.
Tuesday, January 1, 2008
Happy New Year!
Posted by
Brandy
at
3:50 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I am glad you were able to steal a few moments on the computer to blog. I finally posted today too (the first of many) and now I can start harassing people to post their Christmas stuff.
I agree about the movie. Phillip and I went to see the movie the day after it came out. Phillip really wanted to see it and I was just happy to be able to go on a date. It was too much for me. I walked out all tense with a headache.
Thanks for the tip about the movie. L read the book and really wants to see the movie. He keeps trying to talk me into it but I don't want to go and now I can show him what you thought about it! Sorry you had to endure that.
Thanks for the heads up that's one movie I won't be seeing.
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY YOU TWO! I forgot until reading the blog just now. With work and all the holidays and birthdays that just came, I forgot.
Crazy time of year.Good time of year.
Love, Mom B.
Even before seeing the previews, I had no desire to see that one. The only recent Will Smith movie I've liked is The Pursuit of Happyness. I cried at that one, but at least I didn't flinch or have nightmares.
Post a Comment